Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanks. AKA: Day of Mad Props, Yo.

I have a lot to be thankful for, that's for damn sure.


I'm pulling myself out of a years-long rut, getting back on my feet, learning to walk, run, jump and play again.  I remember lucid points during my past where part of me would sit the fuck up and try to shout "Dude, fucking get on with it!" And then the in-control part of me would grab another beer, or whatever, and continue stagnation... but not anymore.  I'm changing, I'm moving forward, and I'm damn thankful for that.



I'm exceptionally thankful for the company of my staggeringly talented wife, Ginger.  Cooking?  Yeah, apple pie from scratch, first time awesome success.  Writing?  Kicks butt at it, slings words like slingers sling stones.  Dancing?  I believe wars could easily be fought for the right to watch this woman move, and she's all mine.  There's nothing I've encountered that she can't do well, including put up with my shit.  She brings a smile to my life every damn day, and I'm very, very thankful for that.



I'm also thankful for having a very supportive family, mostly people I've never met.  I've met her mom, and she loved me right off the bat.  Even sent me a Christmas gift without ever meeting me.  I mean, that's pretty damn bonus.  I'm really looking forward to meeting them when we get to Houston.  Though we may not be alike philosophically, I have no doubt they'll welcome me with open arms.  They already wish me well and ask about me every time she talks to them, and I'm quite thankful for that.



I would be remiss if I wasn't thankful for not only the friends I have, but for the fires that they've walked through to remain at my side.  Times haven't been easy, and it's really helped me understand not only the value of friendship, but the value of knowing who actually does have your back vs. who just says they do.  You folks are some seriously amazing bundles of DNA, and I love you very much.  Special shout outs go to Tammy, B, Alex, Kevin, Megan, and Devo.  Thank you all so, so, so very much.



And these furballs I have, these furballs that beat all other furballs by acheiving an awesome rating far beyond what was ever planned when cats were invented.  Aleister, bro, you know just how to pick me up with a quiet Qrrr?  Or a friendly, casual headbutt.  Not much of a lap cat, because that would lower you, but you're a true friend at every moment.  And the lovely little Sedalia GhettoCat.  Wild, crazy when the night shines down, and ultimately loving and purrful when you need to be, I have little doubt that it was due to your tender vibrations that Ginger conquered her croup.  Thanks so much, you two.



And mad props to the universe.  This shit just keeps getting more awesome every moment I'm here.  Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment